Clean Sweep Copy Editing Terms & Conditions
Description & Disclaimer
- Clean Sweep Copy Editing offers services for online and offline personal and business needs through three editing options: direct editing, a detailed inspection report, publishing platform access.
Direct editing: Clean Sweep Copy Editing makes changes directly to emailed copy that has not yet been published. Clean Sweep Copy Editing does not assume responsibility for delayed or lost emails. (Please see the Communication section below.) The client takes full responsibility for ensuring and maintaining the integrity of the edited copy when it is published online or printed offline. Clean Sweep Copy Editing does not assume responsibility or liability for errors of omission or commission.
Detailed inspection report: Clean Sweep Copy Editing provides a detailed inspection report of suggested edits for content that has already been published on a website or app. Clean Sweep Copy Editing does not assume responsibility or liability for errors of omission or commission. All changes to the website or app are based solely upon the discretion of the client. The client takes full responsibility for any changes made to the website or app.
- For the most part, Clean Sweep Copy Editing uses the same style guidelines as The Associated Press. These guidelines, which are used by print and online news outlets, help text appear more professional.
- Pricing for one-time edits and maintenance services are based on all of the following factors: word count; original condition of text; number of facts to be verified and links to be checked; requested turnaround time (please see the Turnaround Times & Deadlines section below); editing option preference; a 10 percent “new client” discount; a 20 percent discount for being an established nonprofit charitable organization.
* Please note:
– The 10 percent “new client” discount is limited to one editing project per client.
– To qualify for the 20 percent charitable organization discount, nonprofits must be on the American Institute of Philanthropy’s list of Top-Rated Charities or be listed in the Better Business Bureau’s National Charity Report Index as “Meeting Standards.” For nonprofits that qualify, the 20 percent discount can be applied to all projects, but only one 20 percent discount can be used per project.
– Clean Sweep Copy Editing periodically offers special service promotions. During such promotions, discounts are applied to purchases in accordance with the terms and expiration dates clearly outlined on CleanSweepCopy.com.
- Word counts are determined through the use of a word counter similar to Microsoft Word’s Word Count tool.
- Clean Sweep Copy Editing is happy to provide clients with unlimited free estimates. The price listed in the most recent free estimate is the amount that will be charged if the client wishes to make a purchase.
- Clean Sweep Copy Editing emails free estimates to clients, unless otherwise instructed; free estimates can also be mailed to a physical address. Free estimates highlight the price of one-time edits or maintenance services as well as all applicable factors from No. 1 of this section. Estimate emails include a payment link for online transactions and a pay-by-check option. Estimates mailed to a physical address have an optional invoice attached.
* Important note for one-time edit purchases: After clients pay to receive an inspection report, they cannot make changes to the content for which they have requested an edit until after Clean Sweep Copy Editing emails them their inspection report. If clients make any changes to content, they are obligated to notify Clean Sweep Copy Editing immediately for an adjusted price, no matter which editing option they chose. Clean Sweep Copy Editing reserves the right to void business dealings it considers in breach of this stipulation.
- Clients who use Clean Sweep Copy Editing’s services for business purposes might be able to claim them as tax write-offs. Clean Sweep Copy Editing strongly urges clients to consult with a certified public accountant regarding this matter.
- Clients must be at least 18 years old to purchase a one-time or maintenance service with Clean Sweep Copy Editing.
- Clean Sweep Copy Editing includes a corresponding payment link at the bottom of every estimate. If clients are satisfied with the details outlined in their free estimate, they can click the payment link to make an online purchase or choose the pay-by-check option.
* Please note: Clients are under no obligation to make a purchase.
- By making a payment, clients acknowledge that they agree to the terms and conditions explained in this document as well as those outlined in their free estimate. Their free estimate doubles as their invoice.
- Clients must pay for a service in full before Clean Sweep Copy Editing can begin editing. If payment has been made by check, editing cannot begin until the check clears.
* Please note: Once payment has been made in full and editing has begun, full payment is nonrefundable. However, if payment has been made but editing has not yet begun, a full refund will be given. Thus, clients’ chances of getting back a full refund after canceling an order are greatly improved if they email or call Clean Sweep Copy Editing immediately. Partial refunds are at the discretion of Clean Sweep Copy Editing.
- Clean Sweep Copy Editing uses the answers provided in the free estimate questionnaire to customize its services to clients’ needs and schedules. Payment schedules for maintenance services will be created on an individual basis and outlined in the Terms & Conditions section of free estimates.
- The only acceptable methods of online payment are through PayPal, by debit card or by MasterCard, Visa, American Express or Discover.
- Clean Sweep Copy Editing accepts compensation in only U.S. dollar amounts.
* Clean Sweep Copy Editing reserves the right to refuse service to anyone who does not meet or follow the payment guidelines.
Turnaround Times & Deadlines
- In most instances, clients determine their preferred turnaround times and deadlines for one-time services when they answer the online questionnaire for their free estimate. If these requests are doable, Clean Sweep Copy Editing will outline the specified turnaround times and deadlines in the free estimate. If the requests are not doable, Clean Sweep Copy Editing will negotiate alternate turnaround times and deadlines with clients to ensure the best quality in a more appropriate time frame.
- The standard turnaround time for the one-time edit of an entire website or app is two business days. Clean Sweep Copy Editing’s business days are Monday through Friday. If an edit requires more than two business days, the client will be alerted and a new deadline will be determined. Depending on clients’ needs, Clean Sweep Copy Editing is happy to negotiate shorter turnaround times.
- Deadlines for maintenance services are based on clients’ needs and schedules and, thus, are determined on an individual basis.
- Clean Sweep Copy Editing keeps all prospective client, current client and former client information private. This covers the following interactions:
a. information clients share on Clean Sweep Copy Editing’s free estimate form;
b. all written and verbal correspondence directly pertaining to Clean Sweep Copy Editing’s services, including temporary logins given by clients for access to their publishing platforms;
c. agreed-upon personalized quotes and terms and conditions pertaining to Clean Sweep Copy Editing’s services.
- As stated in the Description & Disclaimer section above, clients who grant Clean Sweep Copy Editing access to their publishing platforms through the use of a temporary login must disable that login after projects have been completed. Clean Sweep Copy Editing does not accept responsibility for and cannot be held liable for website security breaches or the mishandling of website information by clients and their employees.
- Clean Sweep Copy Editing reserves the right to keep all estimate information and copies of correspondence on file. This does NOT include payment information.
- All online payments are processed through PayPal’s safe and secure website. Clean Sweep Copy Editing uses PayPal’s payment processing services because of PayPal’s A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. A PayPal account is not necessary to use the service; PayPal does offer an option to pay by debit or credit card. All online purchases MUST be made through PayPal; mailing or calling in debit or credit card information is prohibited. Because Clean Sweep Copy Editing does NOT have access to clients’ credit card or debit card information when purchases are made, it cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen debit or credit card information.
- The fastest and most effective way to communicate with Clean Sweep Copy Editing is via email or phone. The best time to reach Clean Sweep Copy Editing is 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern time Monday through Friday.
- To prevent email correspondence from filtering into spam folders, Clean Sweep Copy Editing strongly suggests clients add Edit@CleanSweepCopy.com to their “safe sender” list. Clean Sweep Copy Editing is not responsible for delayed or lost emails.
- Clean Sweep Copy Editing’s phone lines and email account are for business communication only. Harassing calls, including prank calls, and emails are not tolerated.
* Please note: Clean Sweep Copy Editing uses communication-identification software to monitor and trace all calls and emails. Those who make harassing calls, including prank calls, and send harassing emails will be reported to authorities and could face criminal charges.
- Although all Clean Sweep Copy Editing online store transactions are processed through PayPal, shoppers do NOT need a PayPal account to make a purchase. All debit cards and major credit cards are accepted.
- All orders are mailed USPS priority when possible.
- Online store orders ship free in the United States, including Alaska and Hawaii (please see below for U.S. territories). Items in stock are mailed the next business day, and delivery is expected within two to three business days. Delivery of out-of-stock and custom items could take at least two weeks. Please note: Clean Sweep Copy Editing cannot guarantee delivery times; delivery times are based on availability and destination.
- International orders (including those to Canada and U.S. territories) have a flat-rate shipping fee of $20. Items in stock are mailed the next business day, and delivery is expected within six to 10 business days. Delivery of out-of-stock and custom items could take at least three weeks. Please note: Clean Sweep Copy Editing cannot guarantee delivery times; delivery times are based on availability and destination.
- Once orders ship, buyers will receive a tracking number.
- Clean Sweep Copy Editing is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged packages.
- All sales are final. Size information can be found in the description of each item; items are inspected thoroughly and packed carefully before they are shipped. Buyers who have questions are strongly urged to email Edit@CleanSweepCopy.com before making a purchase.
- If shoppers are interested in purchasing tangible gift certificates (envelopes included), rather than the standard online ones offered in the store, they can email Edit@CleanSweepCopy.com. Gift certificates can be used for online store purchases, are limited to one per editing project, are nonrefundable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Any remaining balance on a certificate will be honored for future purchases; for tangible certificates, the number on the back of the gift certificate is required. Clean Sweep Copy Editing gift certificates do not expire.
- By placing an order, shoppers automatically agree to all of the terms and conditions listed in this section.
- All Clean Sweep Copy Editing trademarks, logos and images are protected under copyright law. Violators will be penalized. (Please see the Trademarks & Copyrights section below.)
Trademarks & Copyrights
All content and cartoon images on this website are the intellectual and creative property of Clean Sweep Copy Editing and cannot be copied, reproduced, transmitted or distributed by any means without permission from Clean Sweep Copy Editing. Violators are subject to prosecution under penalty of law.
Clean Sweep Copy Editing reserves the right to define and determine any term or condition not covered in this document and make changes to this document at its own discretion and without notice.